|Job Title:||Collections Officer|
|Reports to (title):||Collections Team Leader|
|Location:||IFSC – Dublin 1 , Ireland|
|Contact:||Email: Tracey Farren|
Due to continued growth within the business, we are currently recruiting a full-time Collections Officer. Flexibility is required as this role will involve working occasional Saturday shifts.
Overview of role
The Collections Officer is part of the Collections Team responsible for collecting receivables across FlexiGroup Ireland’s portfolio of delinquent accounts, negotiating payment terms, minimising write offs and losses and delivering a high-quality service to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
The role reports to the Collections Team Leader, who will manage overall performance against company goals, practices, and deadlines. The role is expected to deliver against key performance indicators, striking the right balance between recovering monies owed, minimising credit losses and providing an appropriate customer experience.
The role will have a direct link into FlexiGroup’s Credit & Risk framework and will be required to operate as part of a team, held accountable for the provision of high quality, commercially driven collections activity.
Overview of the Company
The FlexiGroup culture is fast paced, high achieving and evolving quickly through a range of organic and in-organic activities and initiatives outlined within FlexiGroup Ireland’s strategic plan.
FlexiGroup Ireland fosters a “culture of excellence” in service, engagement and credit management across FlexiGroup Ireland’s portfolio of products and services to attract, on-board and retain quality business to achieve sustainable growth.
Capabilities & Competencies
• Collect money overdue from customers, over the telephone, in a high-volume environment;
• Ability to manage high inbound and outbound call volumes and work well under pressure;
• Negotiate payment arrangement outcomes confidently;
• High quality telephone manner – exhibits high levels of assertive, persuasive, decisive and influencing skills;
• Previous industry experience;
• Ability to deliver against personal and team-based objectives;
• Quality verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to manage time and workload as required, while displaying a flexible approach to work and learning.
• Ability to retain system and product knowledge once trained and displays the ability to use own initiative;
The Ideal candidate:
• Highly motivated, energetic and adaptable to change in a fast-moving environment, with excellent negotiating skills;
• Ability to produce individual results and contribute to team objectives, in an environment where stretch targets are continually set to deliver business outcomes;
• An open communicator who can build and maintain very high levels of call quality and professionalism which uses appropriate language to influence and persuade, actively listens and checks for understanding;
• A self-starter with the ability to adapt quickly to system/process changes whilst maintaining focus on key service level and payment recovery deliverables.
The role will be expected to:
• Contact accounts via outbound calling, SMS, email and letters to negotiate payment in full and/or make
appropriate repayment plans;
• Negotiate, secure and manage individual payment arrangements striking the right balance between fair and
reasonable according to specific circumstances, including Financial Hardship claims;
• Identify account problems and escalate/resolve issues in a timely manner, leveraging off all available resources;
• Maintain accurate records of all actions completed on accounts, recording each contact made with customers;
• Adhere to, review and where appropriate make suggestions to improve processes and procedures that contribute
to the overall recovery results;
• Cooperate with other teams and functions to achieve desired outcomes;
• Provide reports as required for review by management;
• Be capable of independently managing own performance levels in accordance with key performance indicators;
• Actively participate in individual performance reviews in line with the company requirements;
• Represent, embed and support FlexiDNA values and standards within the team.
• QFA preferred (APA minimum) – desired but not mandatory; and/or
• Excellent numerical skills with strong Microsoft Office knowledge; and
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a debt recovery role.
If you would like to join a fun, fast paced and high achieving team, please forward your CV and cover letter indicating salary expectation to email@example.comEmail Tracey Farren